12.11.11

Hello beautifuls,

What a month it's been! Here's the short-list of what I've been up to:
  • Working: In October I started my new job at Marqand Books. I'm the editorial assistant there and I LOVE IT. Really, I do. Because besides deleting extra spaces between sentences and becoming an expert at loading entire reams of paper into the printer, I get to read art books, refer to the dictionary and Chicago Manual of Style at whim, and use my red pen with authority. So, yeah, I'm a happy chappy.
  • Riding: I've become an official public transit commuter. I take the 26 to work and back, and this makes my routine really quite pleasant for me. Lessened are my worries about traffic, gas tanks, and parking tickets. The ORCA card is a purchase I still need to make, though. The need for a fresh supply of dollar dollar bills y'all is getting old...
  • Feasting: I think the brightest addition to my life has been the potlucks my roommates and I host every other Thursday. Each potluck has a theme and people are invited to bring dishes, beverages, and sweets that relate to it (it's like a food version of This American Life). The last potluck we hosted was "Harvest" wherein we feasted on all things pumpkin, sweet-potato, and butter rich. Yum.
  • Reading: I've been reading Blink by Malcom Gladwell and slowly catching up with issues of The New Yorker. My late night reading is excerpts from Edith Hamilton's Mythology, one of my most favorite books in the world. 




2 comments:

  1. A new job? Awesome! I need one of those. Any other editorial openings at Marqand??

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) Thanks Allie! Very sadly, there are no editorial openings right now. It would be a dream come true to do editing with you!! If I hear of any editorial-type jobs, I will let you know!

    ReplyDelete